Get ISI declared terror org: BJP
Bhubaneswar: India should leverage its
strategic partnership with the United States and put pressure
on international community to get Pakistan`s ISI declared a
terrorist organisation by UN Security Council, BJP said on Monday.
"The government should leverage its status of
strategic partner with the US to expose the nexus among
Pakistan`s ISI, Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and other outfits,"
senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh told reporters here.
The Congress-led government should also put
diplomatic pressure on international community to get the ISI
declared a terrorist organisation by the United Nations
Security Council, he said.
After the conviction of Tahawwur Rana by a Chicago
court for providing material support to LeT, India has got
another opportunity to mount pressure on Pakistan and the ISI,
Stating that UPA regime`s failure to bring the
perpetrators of Mumbai terror attack to justice emanates from
its "diplomatic myopia," the former BJP president claimed he
had forewarned the Centre about ISI`s involvement in abetting
and sponsoring anti-India terrorist activities from Pakistan.
"I had also urged the government to make diplomatic
efforts to put ISI under international watch," he said.
To a query on the proposed Prevention of Communal and
Targeted Violence Bill 2011, Singh said BJP would not approve
of the bill when it is tabled in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe
- Pakistan had achieved nuclear capability in 1984: Abdul Qadeer Khan
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan