Get ISI declared terror org: BJP
Bhubaneswar: India should leverage its
strategic partnership with the United States and put pressure
on international community to get Pakistan`s ISI declared a
terrorist organisation by UN Security Council, BJP said on Monday.
"The government should leverage its status of
strategic partner with the US to expose the nexus among
Pakistan`s ISI, Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and other outfits,"
senior BJP leader Rajnath Singh told reporters here.
The Congress-led government should also put
diplomatic pressure on international community to get the ISI
declared a terrorist organisation by the United Nations
Security Council, he said.
After the conviction of Tahawwur Rana by a Chicago
court for providing material support to LeT, India has got
another opportunity to mount pressure on Pakistan and the ISI,
Stating that UPA regime`s failure to bring the
perpetrators of Mumbai terror attack to justice emanates from
its "diplomatic myopia," the former BJP president claimed he
had forewarned the Centre about ISI`s involvement in abetting
and sponsoring anti-India terrorist activities from Pakistan.
"I had also urged the government to make diplomatic
efforts to put ISI under international watch," he said.
To a query on the proposed Prevention of Communal and
Targeted Violence Bill 2011, Singh said BJP would not approve
of the bill when it is tabled in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe