Ghana Army Chief to visit India on Monday
New Delhi: Ghana Army chief Major General Joseph Narh Adinkrah will arrive in India on a four-day goodwill visit on Monday.
The visit of General Joseph Narh Adinkrah is expected to further boost the defence cooperation between the two nations.
India has historical and traditional relations with Ghana, based on common ideals and principles arising from a significant legacy of social, cultural and political struggles, along with a shared commitment to democracy.
According to the Defence Ministry, defence cooperation with Ghana as a part of defence diplomacy, has been an important tool towards enhancing this friendship.
The defence cooperation with Ghana has existed since 1957 and Indian armed forces have played an important role in laying the foundation of all the three services of the Ghana armed forces.
The armed forces of the two nations have been comprehensively cooperating in the field of military training, United Nations Peacekeeping Operations, training and participation of observers in exercises.
During his visit, Major General Joseph Narh Adinkrah will be meeting senior Defence Ministry and military officials.
Enhancing military to military co-operation is likely to get prominence during his discussions with senior officials.
He will also visit United Service Institution (USI) and the Centre for UN Peacekeeping (CUNPK), New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt