Ghulam Nabi Azad questions BJP`s intention to serve people
Leh: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Tuesday questioned the intention of the present BJP leadership to serve public interest, saying they did not even bother about their senior leader LK Advani`s concerns.
Addressing a Congress rally at the Leh polo grounds, Azad said, "These new leaders do not even bother about the concerns of their seniors, how can they think of benefiting the public."
Asked about when Congress would announce its Prime Ministerial candidate, Azad said the party did not need to nominate any one as PM candidate as they had ample able leaders for the job.
The Jammu and Kashmir leader said BJP would not come to power in the state in the upcoming Assembly polls.
Later, Azad held a meeting with councillors of the Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, Leh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam