Girl child should be killed: Salma Ansari
New Delhi: Known to be clear and forthright in expressing her views, Salma Ansari, wife of Vice President Hamid Ansari, on Friday courted controversy by saying that the girl child should be killed as soon as she is born.
She was expressing her resentment and helplessness in the way the society is treating girls, especially in view of the rising crimes against them.
“My view is that parents should poison their girl child as soon as she is born,” she said.
Unmindful of political correctness, protocol strictness, Salma has courted controversy earlier too for her strong views.
Last year, she had said that the Women`s Reservation Bill will not be of much help unless awareness is created among women at the grassroot level.
"I have just one problem with this bill. The government comes up with a lot of schemes and many projects but how many women are able to take advantage of these," she told reporters on the sidelines of a function.
“Unless awareness is created among women at the grassroots and they are educated, such legislations will not be of much help”, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi