Girl child should be killed: Salma Ansari
New Delhi: Known to be clear and forthright in expressing her views, Salma Ansari, wife of Vice President Hamid Ansari, on Friday courted controversy by saying that the girl child should be killed as soon as she is born.
She was expressing her resentment and helplessness in the way the society is treating girls, especially in view of the rising crimes against them.
“My view is that parents should poison their girl child as soon as she is born,” she said.
Unmindful of political correctness, protocol strictness, Salma has courted controversy earlier too for her strong views.
Last year, she had said that the Women`s Reservation Bill will not be of much help unless awareness is created among women at the grassroot level.
"I have just one problem with this bill. The government comes up with a lot of schemes and many projects but how many women are able to take advantage of these," she told reporters on the sidelines of a function.
“Unless awareness is created among women at the grassroots and they are educated, such legislations will not be of much help”, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi