Girl child should be killed: Salma Ansari
New Delhi: Known to be clear and forthright in expressing her views, Salma Ansari, wife of Vice President Hamid Ansari, on Friday courted controversy by saying that the girl child should be killed as soon as she is born.
She was expressing her resentment and helplessness in the way the society is treating girls, especially in view of the rising crimes against them.
“My view is that parents should poison their girl child as soon as she is born,” she said.
Unmindful of political correctness, protocol strictness, Salma has courted controversy earlier too for her strong views.
Last year, she had said that the Women`s Reservation Bill will not be of much help unless awareness is created among women at the grassroot level.
"I have just one problem with this bill. The government comes up with a lot of schemes and many projects but how many women are able to take advantage of these," she told reporters on the sidelines of a function.
“Unless awareness is created among women at the grassroots and they are educated, such legislations will not be of much help”, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?