Girls on top in ICSE results
New Delhi: It was girls all the way on top
in this year`s Council for Indian School Certificate
Examinations that saw three students from Mumbai, Kolkata and
Agra at their academic best.
The Class X examination or the ICSE has been topped
nationwide this year by Mumbai girl Jhanvi Vipul Phoshani, who
outshone other students securing 98.80 per cent marks.
Jhanvi is a student of Srimati Lilavati Poda High School,
The Class XII examination meanwhile was topped by two
girls who scored a joint 98.75 per cent aggregate marks.
One of them, Shreya Daga represents the Mahadev Birla
Shishi Vihar School from Kolkata, while the other Sumedha Rai
is from the St Anthony`s Junior College, Agra.
Last year, both the exams were topped by boys.
Maintaining the trend, girls again outshone boys in the
overall results securing better pass percentages in the
Class X and Class XII board exams.
As many as 55,760 candidates appeared for the Class XII
exams while 1,12,820 students took the test for Class X in
March this year.
The pass percentage of girls in Class X was 98.77 per
cent as against 97.95 per cent of the boys. Similarly, the
pass rate for girls stands at 98.26 per cent in Class XII as
against 96.17 per cent in case of boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India