Gita row: VHP warns of protests
New Delhi: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad(VHP)
on Tuesday warned of agitations outside Russian offices in the
country if any ban is imposed on Bhagwad Gita by a court in
Siberia hearing a case regarding the sacred religious text.
VHP`s International Working President Pravin Togadia in a
statement demanded immediate dismissal of the case in Tomsk
city and prosecution against those who dared to make an
"obnoxious" challenge against the religious scripture revered
so highly by "Bharat’s majority."
Togadia claimed that the move against Gita in Russia was
aimed to divert public attention from the real local issues
Togadia also said there would be agitations against the
Government of India if any ban by the Siberian court goes
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO