Gita row: VHP warns of protests
New Delhi: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad(VHP)
on Tuesday warned of agitations outside Russian offices in the
country if any ban is imposed on Bhagwad Gita by a court in
Siberia hearing a case regarding the sacred religious text.
VHP`s International Working President Pravin Togadia in a
statement demanded immediate dismissal of the case in Tomsk
city and prosecution against those who dared to make an
"obnoxious" challenge against the religious scripture revered
so highly by "Bharat’s majority."
Togadia claimed that the move against Gita in Russia was
aimed to divert public attention from the real local issues
Togadia also said there would be agitations against the
Government of India if any ban by the Siberian court goes
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!