`Give support to party providing pol alternative`
New Delhi: Charging the government of not willing to rid the country of corruption, Anna Hazare on Sunday asked the people to pledge support to a party which provides for a political alternative and vote for their candidates.
Returning to blogging after his fast that ended last week, Anna said the country needs an alternative and the gram sabhas should pass a resolution to this effect, besides ensuring that more than 90 per cent voters exercise their franchise.
"You need lots of money to fight election these days. Where will the money come from if one wants to provide an alternative by fighting elections?
"All the six lakh gram sabhas in the country should pass a resolution that they will support the alternative and will vote for the party which will provide for this alternative... if such a resolution is passed, then we will be able to give an alternative," Hazare said in his blog.
He said youth and students should tour villages to awaken them and get this resolution passed. "The gram sabhas should also pass a resolution committing that more than 90 per cent of its voters will exercise their franchise," he said.
Noting that providing an alternative is not an easy job, he said it is also not an impossible job.
"But I want to emphasis that I will not contest election or form a party. I will tour the country to awaken people and ensure that good people go to Parliament. I think that people will welcome the alternative as they are suffering due to corruption," he said.
He alleged that those in government have been intoxicated by power and money and they will not provide a corruption-free country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25