Give them a big hug from me: Norway kids’ mother
Kolkata: Sagarika Bhattacharya, the mother of two NRI children who arrived in India after a Norwegian court granted their custody to their uncle, on Wednesday posted a message on Facebook saying `give them a big hug from me`.
"Give them a big hug from me and on behalf of my parents," she said in the message on the social network site.
"I don`t know how my children are, but always pray to God they should be well in future," she said about her three-year-old son Abhigyan and one-year-old daughter Aishwarya who arrived in Delhi from Norway yesterday ending a prolonged custody row in the Scandinavian country.
"Children are most valuable things in my life. I will dedicate my whole life for them," said the mother who had earlier stayed with her parents at Birati in North 24 Parganas district after arriving alone from Norway a month ago, before leaving for a place not disclosed by her parents.
"I always keep silent for greater cause, because I am an Indian mother. Me and my parents were fighting since last one year and we started fight again after 23rd March....," she said.
She conveyed her best regards to the Indian government, Indian people, politicians, media, Norwegian people, human rights "who helped me a lot."
The custody of the toddlers were given by the Norwegian court to their paternal uncle Arunabhash Bhattacharya.
Her husband, Anurup Bhattacharya, is working as a geoscientist in Norway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what