Give them a big hug from me: Norway kids’ mother
Kolkata: Sagarika Bhattacharya, the mother of two NRI children who arrived in India after a Norwegian court granted their custody to their uncle, on Wednesday posted a message on Facebook saying `give them a big hug from me`.
"Give them a big hug from me and on behalf of my parents," she said in the message on the social network site.
"I don`t know how my children are, but always pray to God they should be well in future," she said about her three-year-old son Abhigyan and one-year-old daughter Aishwarya who arrived in Delhi from Norway yesterday ending a prolonged custody row in the Scandinavian country.
"Children are most valuable things in my life. I will dedicate my whole life for them," said the mother who had earlier stayed with her parents at Birati in North 24 Parganas district after arriving alone from Norway a month ago, before leaving for a place not disclosed by her parents.
"I always keep silent for greater cause, because I am an Indian mother. Me and my parents were fighting since last one year and we started fight again after 23rd March....," she said.
She conveyed her best regards to the Indian government, Indian people, politicians, media, Norwegian people, human rights "who helped me a lot."
The custody of the toddlers were given by the Norwegian court to their paternal uncle Arunabhash Bhattacharya.
Her husband, Anurup Bhattacharya, is working as a geoscientist in Norway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?