Give young woman a job on compassionate ground: HC
Madurai: Coming to the aid of a 23-year-old woman, left in lurch along with her two sisters by their mother who had remarried, the Madras High Court has directed authorities to provide her a government job on compassionate ground.
The court quashed an order of Theni District Education Officer rejecting Kayalvizhi`s plea for a job after the death of her father, a government school staff, on the ground that her mother, the first heir (of the deceased), was alive and she alone was eligible on compassionate ground.
Their father had passed away 16 years ago.
Justice TS Sivagnanam, in a recent order, said it would be proper if the petitioner was provided employment since the three daughters of the deceased employee had been abandoned by his wife.
He said the petitioner had lost her father in 1997 when she was just seven years old and her two sisters five and two years old. Her 26-year-old mother had married another man and left the three daughters in lurch.
However, her community people had helped her to pursue education, till Higher Secondary, and she had applied for a job on compassionate ground to the District Education Officer in 2008, who rejected her request.
The Judge quashed the DEO`s order and directed the official to recommend to the Director of School Education to provide a job for the petitioner within two months and the job should be given within three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say