Give young woman a job on compassionate ground: HC
Madurai: Coming to the aid of a 23-year-old woman, left in lurch along with her two sisters by their mother who had remarried, the Madras High Court has directed authorities to provide her a government job on compassionate ground.
The court quashed an order of Theni District Education Officer rejecting Kayalvizhi`s plea for a job after the death of her father, a government school staff, on the ground that her mother, the first heir (of the deceased), was alive and she alone was eligible on compassionate ground.
Their father had passed away 16 years ago.
Justice TS Sivagnanam, in a recent order, said it would be proper if the petitioner was provided employment since the three daughters of the deceased employee had been abandoned by his wife.
He said the petitioner had lost her father in 1997 when she was just seven years old and her two sisters five and two years old. Her 26-year-old mother had married another man and left the three daughters in lurch.
However, her community people had helped her to pursue education, till Higher Secondary, and she had applied for a job on compassionate ground to the District Education Officer in 2008, who rejected her request.
The Judge quashed the DEO`s order and directed the official to recommend to the Director of School Education to provide a job for the petitioner within two months and the job should be given within three months.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference