GJM leader held for Madan Tamang`s murder
Darjeeling: Nicol Tamang, a central committee member of the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM), was arrested in this West Bengal hill town for the murder of Akhil Bharatiya Gorkha League (ABGL) president Madan Tamang May 21, police said Monday.
Inspector General of Police (Criminal Investigation Department) Niraj Narayan Pandey said: "Nicol Tamang, the central committee member of GJM and one of the prime accused in the Madan Tamang case, was arrested from Pool Bazar area in Darjeeling Sunday night."
"Nicol was presented `before the chief judicial magistrate`s court in Darjeeling and we will appeal for his police remand for 14 days," said Pandey.
With the arrest of Nicol, a total of eight people have been arrested in the case, said the officer.
Nicol is known to be a close associate of GJM president Bimal Gurung.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 10 killed Bangladesh local govt body polls violence
- Watch: Unbelievable! Extra-strong see-through wood is now a reality
- 'Ek Nai Subah': NDA govt celebrates 2 years in office; PM Narendra Modi vows to root out corruption
- Men angrier on Facebook than women: Study
- US blocks cluster-bomb sales to Saudis: Report