GJM leader held for Madan Tamang`s murder
Darjeeling: Nicol Tamang, a central committee member of the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM), was arrested in this West Bengal hill town for the murder of Akhil Bharatiya Gorkha League (ABGL) president Madan Tamang May 21, police said Monday.
Inspector General of Police (Criminal Investigation Department) Niraj Narayan Pandey said: "Nicol Tamang, the central committee member of GJM and one of the prime accused in the Madan Tamang case, was arrested from Pool Bazar area in Darjeeling Sunday night."
"Nicol was presented `before the chief judicial magistrate`s court in Darjeeling and we will appeal for his police remand for 14 days," said Pandey.
With the arrest of Nicol, a total of eight people have been arrested in the case, said the officer.
Nicol is known to be a close associate of GJM president Bimal Gurung.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside