GJM leader held for Madan Tamang`s murder
Darjeeling: Nicol Tamang, a central committee member of the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM), was arrested in this West Bengal hill town for the murder of Akhil Bharatiya Gorkha League (ABGL) president Madan Tamang May 21, police said Monday.
Inspector General of Police (Criminal Investigation Department) Niraj Narayan Pandey said: "Nicol Tamang, the central committee member of GJM and one of the prime accused in the Madan Tamang case, was arrested from Pool Bazar area in Darjeeling Sunday night."
"Nicol was presented `before the chief judicial magistrate`s court in Darjeeling and we will appeal for his police remand for 14 days," said Pandey.
With the arrest of Nicol, a total of eight people have been arrested in the case, said the officer.
Nicol is known to be a close associate of GJM president Bimal Gurung.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning