GJM’s Roshan Giri to talk to JMM leaders
Ranchi: A delegation of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha, which is demanding creation of a Gorkhaland state in West Bengal`s Darjeeling hills, will hold talks with Shibu Soren`s JMM.
"The delegation led by GJM General Secretary Roshan Giri is arriving in Ranchi on March 24 and will discuss strategies during a meeting," JMM’s General Secretary Suprio Bhattacharya said here.
He said "We have been supporting the GJM for the last one year and will continue to back them from panchayat to Parliament in support of their demands."
The JMM has presence in the Dooars and Terai in plains of the Darjeeling hills, where the GJM has been demanding inclusion of Gorkha-dominated pockets in the jurisdiction of the Gorkha Territorial Administraion, the hill council in Darjeeling which runs the administration.
"Roshan Giri as President of the All Gorkha Land Union also came to Ranchi to attend an Ajsu Party rally some years ago before the creation of Jharkhand," Ajsu Party’s Vice-President Praveen Prabhakar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH