GJM’s Roshan Giri to talk to JMM leaders
Ranchi: A delegation of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha, which is demanding creation of a Gorkhaland state in West Bengal`s Darjeeling hills, will hold talks with Shibu Soren`s JMM.
"The delegation led by GJM General Secretary Roshan Giri is arriving in Ranchi on March 24 and will discuss strategies during a meeting," JMM’s General Secretary Suprio Bhattacharya said here.
He said "We have been supporting the GJM for the last one year and will continue to back them from panchayat to Parliament in support of their demands."
The JMM has presence in the Dooars and Terai in plains of the Darjeeling hills, where the GJM has been demanding inclusion of Gorkha-dominated pockets in the jurisdiction of the Gorkha Territorial Administraion, the hill council in Darjeeling which runs the administration.
"Roshan Giri as President of the All Gorkha Land Union also came to Ranchi to attend an Ajsu Party rally some years ago before the creation of Jharkhand," Ajsu Party’s Vice-President Praveen Prabhakar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown