GJM’s Roshan Giri to talk to JMM leaders
Ranchi: A delegation of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha, which is demanding creation of a Gorkhaland state in West Bengal`s Darjeeling hills, will hold talks with Shibu Soren`s JMM.
"The delegation led by GJM General Secretary Roshan Giri is arriving in Ranchi on March 24 and will discuss strategies during a meeting," JMM’s General Secretary Suprio Bhattacharya said here.
He said "We have been supporting the GJM for the last one year and will continue to back them from panchayat to Parliament in support of their demands."
The JMM has presence in the Dooars and Terai in plains of the Darjeeling hills, where the GJM has been demanding inclusion of Gorkha-dominated pockets in the jurisdiction of the Gorkha Territorial Administraion, the hill council in Darjeeling which runs the administration.
"Roshan Giri as President of the All Gorkha Land Union also came to Ranchi to attend an Ajsu Party rally some years ago before the creation of Jharkhand," Ajsu Party’s Vice-President Praveen Prabhakar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani