GJM’s Roshan Giri to talk to JMM leaders
Ranchi: A delegation of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha, which is demanding creation of a Gorkhaland state in West Bengal`s Darjeeling hills, will hold talks with Shibu Soren`s JMM.
"The delegation led by GJM General Secretary Roshan Giri is arriving in Ranchi on March 24 and will discuss strategies during a meeting," JMM’s General Secretary Suprio Bhattacharya said here.
He said "We have been supporting the GJM for the last one year and will continue to back them from panchayat to Parliament in support of their demands."
The JMM has presence in the Dooars and Terai in plains of the Darjeeling hills, where the GJM has been demanding inclusion of Gorkha-dominated pockets in the jurisdiction of the Gorkha Territorial Administraion, the hill council in Darjeeling which runs the administration.
"Roshan Giri as President of the All Gorkha Land Union also came to Ranchi to attend an Ajsu Party rally some years ago before the creation of Jharkhand," Ajsu Party’s Vice-President Praveen Prabhakar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you