GJM’s Roshan Giri to talk to JMM leaders
Ranchi: A delegation of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha, which is demanding creation of a Gorkhaland state in West Bengal`s Darjeeling hills, will hold talks with Shibu Soren`s JMM.
"The delegation led by GJM General Secretary Roshan Giri is arriving in Ranchi on March 24 and will discuss strategies during a meeting," JMM’s General Secretary Suprio Bhattacharya said here.
He said "We have been supporting the GJM for the last one year and will continue to back them from panchayat to Parliament in support of their demands."
The JMM has presence in the Dooars and Terai in plains of the Darjeeling hills, where the GJM has been demanding inclusion of Gorkha-dominated pockets in the jurisdiction of the Gorkha Territorial Administraion, the hill council in Darjeeling which runs the administration.
"Roshan Giri as President of the All Gorkha Land Union also came to Ranchi to attend an Ajsu Party rally some years ago before the creation of Jharkhand," Ajsu Party’s Vice-President Praveen Prabhakar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog