Glad that 2G matter is progressing: CVC
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar on Thursday expressed satisfaction over the progress in 2G issue and said the Commission will give a prompt response after studying the Supreme Court judgement.
"We will study that judgement. We will respect that judgement and CVC as you know has referred the matter to the CBI and we are glad that matter is progressing," Kumar told reporters here.
Asked about the course of action, the CVC said, "We have to study the judgement and then to see what exactly has the Supreme court has ordered. I have not studied the judgement as yet. The Commission will study it and give its prompt
The Supreme Court today asked the CBI to file status reports on its ongoing probe into the 2G spectrum allocation case to the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
The court`s decision came on a plea for setting up a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to look into the 2G case. The bench asked CBI to submit status reports on further investigation into the matter to the CVC which will assist the court.
The bench asked CBI to submit status reports on further investigation into the case to the CVC which will assist the court.
The apex court has also cancelled 122 licences holding that they were issued in a "totally arbitrary and unconstitutional manner" and asked the government to initiate process to allot fresh licences based on auction of spectrum.
The Central Vigilance Commission has carried out a detailed enquiry and found alleged irregularities in the allocation of second generation spectrum to certain telecom companies. The matter was then referred to the CBI for further investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Check UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 announced
- Check UBSE / UEEB 12th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 12th Exam Results 2016 declared
- FSSAI probing 'cancer-causing bread' issue, may ban harmful food additives
- Afghan Taliban confirms death of Mansour, names Haibatullah Akhundzada as new leader
- We envy you, Sonakshi Sinha!– Here's why