Glad that 2G matter is progressing: CVC
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar on Thursday expressed satisfaction over the progress in 2G issue and said the Commission will give a prompt response after studying the Supreme Court judgement.
"We will study that judgement. We will respect that judgement and CVC as you know has referred the matter to the CBI and we are glad that matter is progressing," Kumar told reporters here.
Asked about the course of action, the CVC said, "We have to study the judgement and then to see what exactly has the Supreme court has ordered. I have not studied the judgement as yet. The Commission will study it and give its prompt
The Supreme Court today asked the CBI to file status reports on its ongoing probe into the 2G spectrum allocation case to the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
The court`s decision came on a plea for setting up a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to look into the 2G case. The bench asked CBI to submit status reports on further investigation into the matter to the CVC which will assist the court.
The bench asked CBI to submit status reports on further investigation into the case to the CVC which will assist the court.
The apex court has also cancelled 122 licences holding that they were issued in a "totally arbitrary and unconstitutional manner" and asked the government to initiate process to allot fresh licences based on auction of spectrum.
The Central Vigilance Commission has carried out a detailed enquiry and found alleged irregularities in the allocation of second generation spectrum to certain telecom companies. The matter was then referred to the CBI for further investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!