Global community should compel Pak to dismantle terror: India
New Delhi: India on Thursday asked the global community to "persuade and compel" Pakistan to destroy all terror camps on its territory by taking "serious note" of former President Pervez Musharraf`s remarks on the country supporting these outfits.
Defence Minister AK Antony told reporters here today that it was "not (not) a secret" that Pakistan was fanning terror attacks on India and that it was "repeatedly reminded" to dismantle the 44 terror outfits operating from their territory.
"The international community should take a serious note of it and persuade and compel Pakistan to dismantle all terror outfits there. According to us, 44 terrorist outfits...all of them must be dismantled and destroyed," Antony said after coming out of a meeting with his Russian counterpart Anatoly Serdyukov here.
"That (compelling Pakistan) is our consistent request to everybody. We are repeatedly telling Pakistan and we are repeatedly reminding the international community also," he said responding to a question on what he thought of Musharraf`s remarks in an interview to German magazine Der Spiegel recently.
Noting that Pakistan`s support to terror outfits targeting India was known "very well," Antony said, "Repeatedly we are telling everybody this. We told in 2009 also. This is what we are telling everybody. The former president (Musharraf) in an interview admitted that they
Asked about Afghanistan situation, the Defence Minister said he had discussed the South Asian neighbour with his Russian counterpart over the last two days and that both countries felt that "Afghanistan should not become a safe haven for terrorists."
He said both India and Russia were interested in peace and stability in Afghanistan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended