Global terror a challenge for humanity: Gadkari
London: Calling for joint Indo-British
efforts in defeating global terrorism, BJP president Nitin
Gadkari has said it is a challenge for the entire humanity.
Paying tributes to the victims of the recent terror
attacks in Mumbai at a meeting of the Indo-British all Party
Parliamentary Group and the Indo-European Business Forum at
the House of Commons, Gadkari said, "We Mumbaikars have faced
similar attacks in the past as well and we have time and again
shown courage and determination to withstand such onslaughts".
Gadkari called for joint Indo-British efforts in defeating
global terrorism which he said was a challenge for the entire
The BJP president also told the gathering that not only
Mumbai, but the whole of India lived in a very uncertain
Pakistan has been using terror as a state policy and
terror groups like Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed were
offshoots of the ISI, he said.
He appreciated Britain`s repeated calls to Pakistan to
stop exporting terror to India and other places but said the
actions taken by Islamabad so far in dealing with terror
emanating from its soil were just an eye-wash.
Replying to questions, Gadkari said BJP favoured good
relations with all its neighbours, including Pakistan, so that
there could be peace in the region.
But cross-border terrorism has disturbed peace in the
Answering another question, he said BJP was not against
the minorities in India and was committed to solving their
socio-economic problems, adding that his party would never
adopt any anti-minority and anti-Muslim policy.
Gadkari said Hindutva is not anti-Muslim. It is a way of
Speaking on the occasion, Convener of the Overseas
Friends of BJP, Vijay Jolly appreciated that Britain no longer
considered the issue of Jammu and Kashmir as an unfinished
agenda of the partition and said the Shimla Agreement and the
Lahore Declaration have left no scope for any third party
Jolly raised the plight of Indian students studying in
Britain whose academic institutions have been de-recognised
and urged the government to help them tide over the difficult
situation faced by them.
Vijay Goel of the Indo-European Business Forum supported
Jolly and hoped that the British government will find a way
out in resolving the problem of the large Indian student
The meeting was convened by the chairman of the group
Virendra Sharma, MP from the Indian-dominated constituency of
Ealing-Southall for an interaction with the visiting BJP
President and his delegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof