Go ahead for CBI to interrogate Swami Asimanand
Hyderabad: A local court on Friday granted permission to the CBI to interrogate Swami Asimanand, an accused in the 2007 Mecca Masjid bomb blast case, for seven days.
The prosecution had sought 15 days` police custody of Swami Asimanand but the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate allowed it for seven days from tomorrow.
The absconding `Swami` alias Naba Kumar Sarkar was
arrested by the CBI on November 19 from Haridwar in connection
with the blast at the historic Mecca Masjid here on May 18,
2007, which left nine persons dead.
He is presently under judicial remand and lodged in a
special cell at the Chenchalguda Central Prison here in view
of threat to his life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal