Go ahead for CBI to interrogate Swami Asimanand
Hyderabad: A local court on Friday granted permission to the CBI to interrogate Swami Asimanand, an accused in the 2007 Mecca Masjid bomb blast case, for seven days.
The prosecution had sought 15 days` police custody of Swami Asimanand but the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate allowed it for seven days from tomorrow.
The absconding `Swami` alias Naba Kumar Sarkar was
arrested by the CBI on November 19 from Haridwar in connection
with the blast at the historic Mecca Masjid here on May 18,
2007, which left nine persons dead.
He is presently under judicial remand and lodged in a
special cell at the Chenchalguda Central Prison here in view
of threat to his life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam