Go ahead for CBI to interrogate Swami Asimanand
Hyderabad: A local court on Friday granted permission to the CBI to interrogate Swami Asimanand, an accused in the 2007 Mecca Masjid bomb blast case, for seven days.
The prosecution had sought 15 days` police custody of Swami Asimanand but the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate allowed it for seven days from tomorrow.
The absconding `Swami` alias Naba Kumar Sarkar was
arrested by the CBI on November 19 from Haridwar in connection
with the blast at the historic Mecca Masjid here on May 18,
2007, which left nine persons dead.
He is presently under judicial remand and lodged in a
special cell at the Chenchalguda Central Prison here in view
of threat to his life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!