Go ahead for CBI to interrogate Swami Asimanand
Hyderabad: A local court on Friday granted permission to the CBI to interrogate Swami Asimanand, an accused in the 2007 Mecca Masjid bomb blast case, for seven days.
The prosecution had sought 15 days` police custody of Swami Asimanand but the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate allowed it for seven days from tomorrow.
The absconding `Swami` alias Naba Kumar Sarkar was
arrested by the CBI on November 19 from Haridwar in connection
with the blast at the historic Mecca Masjid here on May 18,
2007, which left nine persons dead.
He is presently under judicial remand and lodged in a
special cell at the Chenchalguda Central Prison here in view
of threat to his life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened