Go ahead if you have evidence: BJP tells Digvijay
New Delhi: BJP on Monday slammed Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh for his comments on not exposing kin of Atal Bihari Vajpayee and L K Advani, saying it did not want such "magnanimity" from him and he should go ahead if he has the evidence.
"We do not want this magnanimity from Digvijay Singh.... These are small, I would not say petty, ways of diverting attention from the issue of corruption. Family is not the issue here. It is corruption," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said, alleging that Singh has the habit of making claims which he fails to prove later.
She insisted that Congress is not known for being kind to its opponents and dared Singh to go ahead if he has the proof of kin of Vajpayee and Advani being involved in corruption.
Sitharaman said after 26/11 Singh had claimed to have received a phone call from an officer but could not corroborate it.
"This is in the DNA of the Congress. This is how Congress functions. You will never get a clarification from it," Sitharaman said.
Singh has claimed in an interview that though Congress always had evidence of financial wrong doings by relatives of Vajpayee and Advani, the party had never gone ahead as it is against propriety to target the kin of political opponents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why