Go ahead if you have evidence: BJP tells Digvijay
New Delhi: BJP on Monday slammed Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh for his comments on not exposing kin of Atal Bihari Vajpayee and L K Advani, saying it did not want such "magnanimity" from him and he should go ahead if he has the evidence.
"We do not want this magnanimity from Digvijay Singh.... These are small, I would not say petty, ways of diverting attention from the issue of corruption. Family is not the issue here. It is corruption," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said, alleging that Singh has the habit of making claims which he fails to prove later.
She insisted that Congress is not known for being kind to its opponents and dared Singh to go ahead if he has the proof of kin of Vajpayee and Advani being involved in corruption.
Sitharaman said after 26/11 Singh had claimed to have received a phone call from an officer but could not corroborate it.
"This is in the DNA of the Congress. This is how Congress functions. You will never get a clarification from it," Sitharaman said.
Singh has claimed in an interview that though Congress always had evidence of financial wrong doings by relatives of Vajpayee and Advani, the party had never gone ahead as it is against propriety to target the kin of political opponents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof