Go ahead if you have evidence: BJP tells Digvijay
New Delhi: BJP on Monday slammed Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh for his comments on not exposing kin of Atal Bihari Vajpayee and L K Advani, saying it did not want such "magnanimity" from him and he should go ahead if he has the evidence.
"We do not want this magnanimity from Digvijay Singh.... These are small, I would not say petty, ways of diverting attention from the issue of corruption. Family is not the issue here. It is corruption," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said, alleging that Singh has the habit of making claims which he fails to prove later.
She insisted that Congress is not known for being kind to its opponents and dared Singh to go ahead if he has the proof of kin of Vajpayee and Advani being involved in corruption.
Sitharaman said after 26/11 Singh had claimed to have received a phone call from an officer but could not corroborate it.
"This is in the DNA of the Congress. This is how Congress functions. You will never get a clarification from it," Sitharaman said.
Singh has claimed in an interview that though Congress always had evidence of financial wrong doings by relatives of Vajpayee and Advani, the party had never gone ahead as it is against propriety to target the kin of political opponents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report