Go on pilgrimage: Gadkari to PM
Dehradun: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
should go on a pilgrimage if he was helpless in checking
corruption, BJP president Nitin Gadkari said on Sunday.
The Prime Minister had expressed his "helplessness in
checking corruption which makes him a fit case to renounce his
post and go for a pilgrimage", he told a convention of party
The convention was held to kickstart BJP`s election
campaign for upcoming Assembly polls in Uttarakhand.
"If you are so helpless Manmohan Singh ji, you must take
rest. Either go to Badrinath and Kedarnath or to the Golden
Temple," Gadkari said.
He said former Telecom minister A Raja had repeatedly
affirmed he was not alone in the 2G spectrum scam and there
were others from the Congress party who were involved in the
Gadkari claimed Janata Party leader Subaramanian Swamy
had told him he was going to present another set of documents
in the Supreme Court tomorrow which would create a flutter.
Referring to price spiral, Gadkari alleged wrong economic
policies and bad and corrupt governance of the Congress-led
UPA government were reasons behind rising hunger and poverty.
Gadkari flayed the Central government for what he said
denying extension of concessional Industrial package to
Uttarakhand and alleged it was trying to punish people of the
state for voting for the BJP.
"You may oppose BJP but you should not punish the people.
The package would have generated a large number of jobs for
the youth," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29