Go on pilgrimage: Gadkari to PM
Dehradun: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
should go on a pilgrimage if he was helpless in checking
corruption, BJP president Nitin Gadkari said on Sunday.
The Prime Minister had expressed his "helplessness in
checking corruption which makes him a fit case to renounce his
post and go for a pilgrimage", he told a convention of party
The convention was held to kickstart BJP`s election
campaign for upcoming Assembly polls in Uttarakhand.
"If you are so helpless Manmohan Singh ji, you must take
rest. Either go to Badrinath and Kedarnath or to the Golden
Temple," Gadkari said.
He said former Telecom minister A Raja had repeatedly
affirmed he was not alone in the 2G spectrum scam and there
were others from the Congress party who were involved in the
Gadkari claimed Janata Party leader Subaramanian Swamy
had told him he was going to present another set of documents
in the Supreme Court tomorrow which would create a flutter.
Referring to price spiral, Gadkari alleged wrong economic
policies and bad and corrupt governance of the Congress-led
UPA government were reasons behind rising hunger and poverty.
Gadkari flayed the Central government for what he said
denying extension of concessional Industrial package to
Uttarakhand and alleged it was trying to punish people of the
state for voting for the BJP.
"You may oppose BJP but you should not punish the people.
The package would have generated a large number of jobs for
the youth," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP