Goa BJP shocked over Advani`s decision
Panaji: BJP leaders in Goa Monday expressed shock over LK Advani`s resignation from party posts.
Speaking to reporters, North Goa MP Shripad Naik, who is known for his proximity to the veteran leader, said Advani`s decision had shocked him, especially because of its timing.
"I am shocked and sad. Advaniji said he was ill. And now, when the party was about to surge forward after yesterday`s decision, he should not have resigned. He should have backed the party. This is really unfortunate," Naik said.
Advani`s resignation from all party posts Monday comes a day after Modi was appointed chief of the party`s election management committee at the end of a three-day BJP conclave in Goa.
The appointment came in the wake of opposition from Advani himself and leaders considered close to the party patriarch to Modi`s elevation.
The veteran BJP leader preferred to stay away from the meet, citing ill health.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani