Goa Governor seeks report on Rahul row
Panaji: State Governor and Goa University
Chancellor S S Sidhu has sought a report from the Vice-
Chancellor on the controversy over Congress General Secretary
Rahul Gandhi`s meeting in the varsity campus earlier this
The direction came last evening, hours after Goa
University Registrar Mohan Sangodkar offered to resign from
the post owing responsibility for the political event in the
varsity premises last Tuesday.
Raj Bhavan officials stated that Sidhu last evening
asked Vice-Chancellor Dilip Deobagkar to furnish a detailed
report when the latter came to meet him.
"Chancellor has been reading various newspaper reports
on the controversy. He has asked the VC to give a factual
report on All India Congress Committee General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi`s visit to the campus," N Radhakrishnan, Special
Secretary to Governor, told PTI today.
He said the Chancellor wanted to know the actual fact
behind the entire controversy.
Gandhi`s interaction with students at Goa University
ground on January 19 and subsequent meeting with Youth
Congress workers in the University`s administrative building
had kicked off a major row.
Opposition BJP had taken a strong objection to
organising of the political meet in the educational institute
and sought the Registrar`s ouster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister