Goa Govt refuses to ban Sanatan Sanstha
Panaji: The Goa Government on Tuesday said any
decision on banning right-wing Hindu outfit Sanatan Sanstha
will be taken after examining the chargesheet filed by the
National Investigation Agency into the Margao blast case.
"Let Home department examine the chargesheet then only we
will be able to draw a conclusion," Chief Minister Digamber
Kamat told reporters at his official residence this evening.
"Filing chargesheet does not empower government to ban
any organisation. Government has to ensure that it stands
scrutiny of law," Kamat said, adding the state government will
take any decision only after examining the chargesheet filed
by the NIA in the Margao blast case.
"There are hundreds of cases (of ban) which are being
challenged in the Supreme Court. We do not want to take any
hasty decision," he said.
NIA had filed the chargesheet before district court on
Monday indicting 11 accused -- two of whom have died and five
absconding -- in Margao bomb blast and a conspiracy to have
serial blasts in the state.
Public Prosecutor S B Faria, representing NIA, has
already submitted a copy of chargesheet to the Home department
for scrutiny, sources said.
Sanatan Sanstha was under scanner after its activists
were found involved in the Margao blast that occurred on
Diwali eve last year. Two Sanatan activists had died on the
spot while ferrying explosives and four were arrested by the
Goa Police during investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?