Goa mining scam: Parrikar to write another report
Panaji: After the Public Accounts Committee
(PAC) report on illegal mining in Goa was refused to be
tabled in the state assembly last week, BJP leader Manohar
Parrikar, who had led the PAC, intends to write another report
on the scam.
Leader of Opposition Parrikar said he would now write a
"Parrikar Accounts Committee" report on the contentious issue.
"The Congress legislators always termed my genuine PAC
report as `Parrikar Accounts Committee` report. Now, since
they have not let that report to be tabled, it`s time to have
my own Parrikar Accounts Committee report, which will expose
illegal mining," Parrikar said on Saturday.
He said that the report will have detailed investigation
into the illegal mining scam, along with relevant documents.
The BJP leader said he would make the report public on
the coming Friday. "This report would be as genuine as the PAC
report, supported with proper proof," he said.
Last week, the PAC had submitted a detailed report on Rs
4,000-crore illegal mining rackets, which Speaker Pratapsingh
Rane refused to be tabled in the state assembly.
BJP has been alleging that illegal mining scam had
flourished under the active patronage and participation of
Chief Minister Digambar Kamat.
The party has decided to petition constitutional
authorities including Governor`s office, the Comptroller and
Auditor General, Chief Vigilance Officer for impartial
investigation regarding the loss to the state exchequer.
The state executive of the BJP, in their meeting on
Saturday, has already demanded CBI enquiry to unearth the
full scam and to fix the responsibility against the guilty.
The party, in the resolution adopted, has said that 30
per cent of the total 54 million tonnes of ore extracted from Goa
Stating that there has been immense environmental damage
owing to the illegal mining, the party has said that
government has sanctioned 13,500 hectares of forest land for
diversion and cut two lakh trees to favour illegal mining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- RBI to lower rates by another 0.50% in FY17: Morgan Stanley
- Telcos take cover under new technology to mask call drops
- Black money: PM Modi to visit Switzerland, discuss issue with Swiss Prez
- Indian discus thrower Seema Punia qualifies for 2016 Rio Olympics
- Karan Singh Grover had a great time at 'The Kapil Sharma Show', wants to visit again!