Goa police release accused`s photo in Russian rape case
Panaji: Goa police on Thursday released the
photograph of the accused involved in the rape of a
nine-year-old Russian girl.
Superintendent of Police (North) Bosco George, who
released the photograph this afternoon, refused to divulge
more on the issue.
"I do not want to comment anything right now. We will
issue this photograph to all the police stations, railway
stations, airport and border posts," he said talking to
reporters at district headquarters.
The girl, who was holidaying with her mother on January
26 at Arambol beach, 35 kms from here, was allegedly raped
inside the water by the accused while his accomplice diverted
attention of the mother.
The 34-year-old mother, who complained with the Pernem
police, had described the accused as tall, 30-year-old square
faced, having big round eyes and a white spot on the upper
Police who were raiding various guest houses had sought
help of artists to draw a sketch.
George, earlier this morning, had said they could not get
the accurate sketch despite several attempts.
Police, however, this afternoon, released the picture of
the accused. Sources said the police have identified the
accused but want to keep the identity under wraps till he is
The Russian mother had complained that her daughter was
raped between 5.30 pm and 6.00 pm by the accused.
As per the girl`s statement, the accused threatened her
with a sharp weapon before sexually abusing her in the water.
Police have registered case under Section 376 of IPC and
Section 8 (II) of Goa Children`s Act against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor