Goa police responsible for letting Atala go missing, says BJP
Panaji: The Goa BJP today alleged that the
state police had let Israeli drug peddler Yaniv Benaim alias
Atala go missing in a bid to cover up in the drug peddler
"Atala is missing as police were not willing to keep a
tab on him. This proves that there is a nexus between drug
peddlers and policemen," BJP`s Goa Unit Spokesman Rajendra
"The lethargy by police in letting Atala go missing is a
clear indication that there is an attempt to cover up by
police and all the officers including the Director General of
Police are responsible for it," he added.
Atala, an important link in policemen drug peddler nexus,
has jumped bail and is missing from the state.
Seven policemen were arrested after Atala`s former
girlfriend Lucky Farmhouse uploaded video on social networking
website, which showed the drug peddler bragging of his links
with the policemen.
Arlekar said that after Atala`s disappearance, the need
to hand over the case to the CBI has been confirmed.
"Police are busy covering up the issue. For time being
let`s forget about politicians involved in the issue. There is
urgent need to expose nexus between policemen and drug
peddlers," he said.
The CBI being an independent agency can bust the nexus,
he added. n
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal