Goa RTI panel summons Governor SS Sidhu
Panaji: In an unparalleled order, Goa Governor SS Sidhu has been summoned by the state Information Commission after his office refused to give information to a social activist under the Right to Information Act.
Sidhu has been asked to personally appear before the state Chief Information Commissioner on January 4 at 1030 hours, official sources said today.
Social activist Aires Rodrigues had filed a complaint with the state information commission pointing out that the Governor had refused to give him details pertaining to
advocate General Subodh Kantak.
The notice, signed by Information Commissioner Motilal Keny said yesterday, "You are required to appear before this commission in person and not to depart hence without leave of the commission and you are hereby warned that if shall, without just excuse, neglect or refuse to appear on the aforesaid date and time, failing which the complaint will be decided in your absence."
Rodrigues, by an application on November 29, had sought from Raj Bhavan under the Right to Information Act details of action taken on the complaints made by him to the
Governor of Goa against the Advocate General of Goa.
Rodrigues had also sought copies of noting sheets and correspondence pertaining to the processing of his complaints against the Advocate General, they said.
Special Secretary to Governor, N Radhakrishnan declined to furnish the information, stating that information under RTI Act could not be furnished as the Governor of Goa is
not a Public Authority and that an affidavit to this effect has been filed before the Bombay High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Pakistan briefs China on alleged human rights violations in Kashmir Valley
- Russia loses appeal against Paralympics ban in Rio next month
- Google unveils Android Nougat for Nexus devices
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here