Goa RTI panel summons Governor SS Sidhu
Panaji: In an unparalleled order, Goa Governor SS Sidhu has been summoned by the state Information Commission after his office refused to give information to a social activist under the Right to Information Act.
Sidhu has been asked to personally appear before the state Chief Information Commissioner on January 4 at 1030 hours, official sources said today.
Social activist Aires Rodrigues had filed a complaint with the state information commission pointing out that the Governor had refused to give him details pertaining to
advocate General Subodh Kantak.
The notice, signed by Information Commissioner Motilal Keny said yesterday, "You are required to appear before this commission in person and not to depart hence without leave of the commission and you are hereby warned that if shall, without just excuse, neglect or refuse to appear on the aforesaid date and time, failing which the complaint will be decided in your absence."
Rodrigues, by an application on November 29, had sought from Raj Bhavan under the Right to Information Act details of action taken on the complaints made by him to the
Governor of Goa against the Advocate General of Goa.
Rodrigues had also sought copies of noting sheets and correspondence pertaining to the processing of his complaints against the Advocate General, they said.
Special Secretary to Governor, N Radhakrishnan declined to furnish the information, stating that information under RTI Act could not be furnished as the Governor of Goa is
not a Public Authority and that an affidavit to this effect has been filed before the Bombay High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi