Gogoi for free treatment to injured Rajdhani passengers
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Wednesday requested his Bihar counterpart to provide free medical treatment to the injured passengers of New Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express that derailed at Chapra in Bihar today.
Gogoi who spoke to Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi over phone requested him to take steps to provide free medical treatment to the injured passengers and make arrangements for stranded passengers to reach Guwahati.
The Chief Minister directed Deputy Inspector General of Police-Western Range Surendra Kumar to rush to the accident spot.
The Chief Minister directed the DIG to keep in touch with the Assam Government for relief work at the accident site at Golden Ganj station near Chapra.
Gogoi also urged the Central Government to raise the ex-gratia grant from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 5 lakh to the next of kin of the dead.
He expressed his condolences to the members of bereaved families and prayed for speedy recovery of the injured.
Northeast Frontier Railway Chief Public Relations Officer Sugato Lahiri here said helpline numbers were set up to provide information to families of the victims and other passengers.
The helpline numbers were Chapra 06152?243409, 09771443941; Samastipur 06274?222613; Hajipur 06224-272230; Sonpur 06158-221639; Barauni 06279-265210; Mujaffarpur 0621- 2213034; Lucknow 09794830976; Varanasi 0542-2226778, 2224742; Balia 05498-223024, 09794843923.
The other phone numbers were Guwahati 0361-2731621; Dibrugarh 0373-2300131; Tinsukia 0374-2351549; Mariani 03771- 242044; Dimapur 03862-2291732; Lumding 03674-263366; New Coochbehar 03582-224162; New Jalpaiguri 0353-2691808 and Katihar 06452-230068.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital