Going-ons in BJP bode ill for NDA: Shatrughan
New Delhi: Continuing with his sulk over
being ignored in BJP`s new team, actor-politician Shatrughan
Sinha, today said goings-on this in the party "did not augur
well" for NDA before crucial Bihar assembly elections later
"I was invited for BJP karyakarta (workers) meeting at
Patna yesterday at the eleventh hour. So, I did not attend
it," Sinha, the BJP Lok Sabha member from Patna Saheb who had
flayed the new team of office bearers picked by party chief
Nitin Gadkari, told PTI.
"I was in Patna on March 14-15 but nobody had the
courtesy to tell me about the March 18 meeting which was
planned much in advance. I got invitation for the meeting only
at the eleventh hour on March 17 evening when I was in
Mumbai," he said explaining his absence.
"I cannot compromise with my dignity," the BJP leader
said and said some "bossy and vested interests" in NDA for
this sorry state of affairs.
"And this is not an one-off case. I was not invited in
important functions like Nalanda and Rajgir festivals, women’s
day function at Gandhi maidan or silver jubilee celebration of
Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) despite being MP
from Patna", a peeved Sinha said.
"I have been told by many that all this is being done
deliberately on instructions of some top NDA leaders of Bihar
who feel insecure by my popularity and acceptability among
masses," the BJP leader said without naming anybody.
On Gadkari`s team of office-bearers, Sinha, who had
dubbed it as "new wine in old bottle", said many deserving
leaders like Yashwant Sinha, B C Kanduri,C P Thakur or others
like Uday Singh and himself, who won LS poll with a record
margin, did not find a place.
He said his comments should not be construed as the
"voice of a rebel" but were aimed for the good of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore