Going to Pak with message of India`s intent: Krishna
New Delhi: Ahead of his visit to Pakistan, External Affairs Minister S M Krishna today said he was going with "greater optimism", carrying a message of India`s "serious intent" to resolve outstanding bilateral issues through dialogue in a "terror and violence"-free atmosphere.
He also noted that there was a "huge difference" in the bilateral relations between now and two years back when his visit had created "certain positive vibe" but there were some "questions which remained unanswered".
"I will take with me the message of serious intent of the government and people of India to resolve outstanding issues between India and Pakistan through dialogue in an atmosphere free from terror and violence," he said when asked about his expectation from the visit.
The minister also noted that the recent meeting between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari on the sidelines of the Non-Aligned Movement Summit in Tehran, has "created right kind of backdrop".
Though Krishna refused to "prejudge" the outcome, he said
his visit was "one more step" in the "step-by-step approach" agreed by the two countries to normalise the ties.
This will be the second visit of Krishna to Pakistan since 2010. He will review the last round of the talks when he holds parleys with his counterpart Hina Rabbani Khar on September 8 which will be preceded by a meeting of the Foreign Secretaries of the two countries on September 7.
The two ministers will also co-chair a meeting of the India-Pakistan Joint Commission.
The Commission was revived in 2005 after a gap of 16 years and it held meetings in 2006 and 2007.
India and Pakistan resumed their peace process last year, after a gap of over two years in the aftermath of the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks carried out by the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj