Going to Pak with message of India`s intent: Krishna
New Delhi: Ahead of his visit to Pakistan, External Affairs Minister S M Krishna today said he was going with "greater optimism", carrying a message of India`s "serious intent" to resolve outstanding bilateral issues through dialogue in a "terror and violence"-free atmosphere.
He also noted that there was a "huge difference" in the bilateral relations between now and two years back when his visit had created "certain positive vibe" but there were some "questions which remained unanswered".
"I will take with me the message of serious intent of the government and people of India to resolve outstanding issues between India and Pakistan through dialogue in an atmosphere free from terror and violence," he said when asked about his expectation from the visit.
The minister also noted that the recent meeting between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari on the sidelines of the Non-Aligned Movement Summit in Tehran, has "created right kind of backdrop".
Though Krishna refused to "prejudge" the outcome, he said
his visit was "one more step" in the "step-by-step approach" agreed by the two countries to normalise the ties.
This will be the second visit of Krishna to Pakistan since 2010. He will review the last round of the talks when he holds parleys with his counterpart Hina Rabbani Khar on September 8 which will be preceded by a meeting of the Foreign Secretaries of the two countries on September 7.
The two ministers will also co-chair a meeting of the India-Pakistan Joint Commission.
The Commission was revived in 2005 after a gap of 16 years and it held meetings in 2006 and 2007.
India and Pakistan resumed their peace process last year, after a gap of over two years in the aftermath of the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks carried out by the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog