Gold coin to commemorate Tagore released
Kolkata: Paying tribute to Rabindranath Tagore ahead of his 152nd birth anniversary, a special edition of gold coins on `Gurudev` is now available in the market.
Launched by Tanishq, the jewellery wing of Titan Industries Ltd, the 22 karat gold coins, available in 2 gms, 5 gms and 8 gms, has Tagore`s name and image engraved on it.
Tagore`s great grandson Supriyo Thakur said it is a good way to honour the legend.
"This special edition gold coin is our attempt to create a cultural connect with West Bengal and to solidify our promise to offer the best in class jewellery in this region," said V Ganesh, Associate Vice President of Titan Industries Limited.
To also commemorate the centenary of Tagore winning the Nobel prize for `Gitanjali` in 1913, a music CD with selected poems and renditions from this seminal work has also been launched.
Eminent musicians like Ustad Rashid Khan, Lopamudra Mitra, Usha Uthup, Rezwana Choudhury Bannya, Srikanta Acharya and Manoj Murali Nair have lent their voices in this collection.
A booklet containing rare pictures, letters and works of Tagore accompanies the gold coin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test