Gold coin to commemorate Tagore released
Kolkata: Paying tribute to Rabindranath Tagore ahead of his 152nd birth anniversary, a special edition of gold coins on `Gurudev` is now available in the market.
Launched by Tanishq, the jewellery wing of Titan Industries Ltd, the 22 karat gold coins, available in 2 gms, 5 gms and 8 gms, has Tagore`s name and image engraved on it.
Tagore`s great grandson Supriyo Thakur said it is a good way to honour the legend.
"This special edition gold coin is our attempt to create a cultural connect with West Bengal and to solidify our promise to offer the best in class jewellery in this region," said V Ganesh, Associate Vice President of Titan Industries Limited.
To also commemorate the centenary of Tagore winning the Nobel prize for `Gitanjali` in 1913, a music CD with selected poems and renditions from this seminal work has also been launched.
Eminent musicians like Ustad Rashid Khan, Lopamudra Mitra, Usha Uthup, Rezwana Choudhury Bannya, Srikanta Acharya and Manoj Murali Nair have lent their voices in this collection.
A booklet containing rare pictures, letters and works of Tagore accompanies the gold coin.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her
- Indian Naval Ships Veer, Nipat to be decommissioned today