Gold coin to commemorate Tagore released
Kolkata: Paying tribute to Rabindranath Tagore ahead of his 152nd birth anniversary, a special edition of gold coins on `Gurudev` is now available in the market.
Launched by Tanishq, the jewellery wing of Titan Industries Ltd, the 22 karat gold coins, available in 2 gms, 5 gms and 8 gms, has Tagore`s name and image engraved on it.
Tagore`s great grandson Supriyo Thakur said it is a good way to honour the legend.
"This special edition gold coin is our attempt to create a cultural connect with West Bengal and to solidify our promise to offer the best in class jewellery in this region," said V Ganesh, Associate Vice President of Titan Industries Limited.
To also commemorate the centenary of Tagore winning the Nobel prize for `Gitanjali` in 1913, a music CD with selected poems and renditions from this seminal work has also been launched.
Eminent musicians like Ustad Rashid Khan, Lopamudra Mitra, Usha Uthup, Rezwana Choudhury Bannya, Srikanta Acharya and Manoj Murali Nair have lent their voices in this collection.
A booklet containing rare pictures, letters and works of Tagore accompanies the gold coin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick