Gold coin to commemorate Tagore released
Kolkata: Paying tribute to Rabindranath Tagore ahead of his 152nd birth anniversary, a special edition of gold coins on `Gurudev` is now available in the market.
Launched by Tanishq, the jewellery wing of Titan Industries Ltd, the 22 karat gold coins, available in 2 gms, 5 gms and 8 gms, has Tagore`s name and image engraved on it.
Tagore`s great grandson Supriyo Thakur said it is a good way to honour the legend.
"This special edition gold coin is our attempt to create a cultural connect with West Bengal and to solidify our promise to offer the best in class jewellery in this region," said V Ganesh, Associate Vice President of Titan Industries Limited.
To also commemorate the centenary of Tagore winning the Nobel prize for `Gitanjali` in 1913, a music CD with selected poems and renditions from this seminal work has also been launched.
Eminent musicians like Ustad Rashid Khan, Lopamudra Mitra, Usha Uthup, Rezwana Choudhury Bannya, Srikanta Acharya and Manoj Murali Nair have lent their voices in this collection.
A booklet containing rare pictures, letters and works of Tagore accompanies the gold coin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars