GOM discusses CWG venues` overlays
New Delhi: The Group of Minister overseeing
the preparations for the Commonwealth Games met here today to
discuss the opening and closing ceremonies and installation of
the much-delayed overlays at the event`s venues.
The meeting of the GOM, headed by union Urban Development
Minister Jaipal Reddy, was also attended by Sports Minister M
S Gill, Tourism Minister Shailja, Delhi Chief Minister Shiela
Dikshit and CWG Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi
"The opening and closing ceremonies were discussed and
the electrical connectivity at the venues and other overlays
were also deliberated upon in the meeting. There was also a
discussion on the broadcasting of the Games by Doordarshan,"
Kalmadi told reporters.
Asked whether the August 31 deadline for the completion
of the Games` venues would be met, Kalmadi said, "you will
have to ask the Sports Minister. I can`t comment on that."
The GOM meeting was also attended by cabinet secretary
K M Chandrashekhar and Delhi Lt Governer Tejinder Khanna and
other senior officials.
The OC today also cleared Rs 1.75 crore to help the
Indian Weightlifting Federation pay a doping fine to the
International Weightlifting Federation, enabling the home
lifters` participation in the Commonwealth Games.
"The money to pay the fine has been released," Kalmadi
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference