GOM discusses CWG venues` overlays
New Delhi: The Group of Minister overseeing
the preparations for the Commonwealth Games met here today to
discuss the opening and closing ceremonies and installation of
the much-delayed overlays at the event`s venues.
The meeting of the GOM, headed by union Urban Development
Minister Jaipal Reddy, was also attended by Sports Minister M
S Gill, Tourism Minister Shailja, Delhi Chief Minister Shiela
Dikshit and CWG Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi
"The opening and closing ceremonies were discussed and
the electrical connectivity at the venues and other overlays
were also deliberated upon in the meeting. There was also a
discussion on the broadcasting of the Games by Doordarshan,"
Kalmadi told reporters.
Asked whether the August 31 deadline for the completion
of the Games` venues would be met, Kalmadi said, "you will
have to ask the Sports Minister. I can`t comment on that."
The GOM meeting was also attended by cabinet secretary
K M Chandrashekhar and Delhi Lt Governer Tejinder Khanna and
other senior officials.
The OC today also cleared Rs 1.75 crore to help the
Indian Weightlifting Federation pay a doping fine to the
International Weightlifting Federation, enabling the home
lifters` participation in the Commonwealth Games.
"The money to pay the fine has been released," Kalmadi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price