Good news for Vaishnodevi pilgrims: New trains for Katra
New Delhi: With the 25km long Udhampur-Katra rail line, part of the Kashmir rail link project, getting ready to be operational, two new trains for Katra have become part of the new Railway Time Table released on Friday.
The 22461/22462 New Delhi-Katra-New Delhi weekly AC Express and 14503/14504 Kalka-Katra-Kalka Bi-weekly Express are part of the new Time Table which comes into effect from July.
The timing of these two trains will be declared later as the Katra line is expected to be operational in September after the safety clearance from the concerned authorities, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
With user-friendly features like route map, station index and trains between important stations, railways released its new Time Table.
Beside, details of extension of 42 trains and increase of frequency of 23 trains have also been mentioned in the new Time Table.
Commercial information of passenger use, advance reservation period, reservation through internet, Tatkal scheme, refund rules and rail travel concessions have been updated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress