Good news for Vaishnodevi pilgrims: New trains for Katra
New Delhi: With the 25km long Udhampur-Katra rail line, part of the Kashmir rail link project, getting ready to be operational, two new trains for Katra have become part of the new Railway Time Table released on Friday.
The 22461/22462 New Delhi-Katra-New Delhi weekly AC Express and 14503/14504 Kalka-Katra-Kalka Bi-weekly Express are part of the new Time Table which comes into effect from July.
The timing of these two trains will be declared later as the Katra line is expected to be operational in September after the safety clearance from the concerned authorities, said a senior Railway Ministry official.
With user-friendly features like route map, station index and trains between important stations, railways released its new Time Table.
Beside, details of extension of 42 trains and increase of frequency of 23 trains have also been mentioned in the new Time Table.
Commercial information of passenger use, advance reservation period, reservation through internet, Tatkal scheme, refund rules and rail travel concessions have been updated.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Cambodian passenger train back on track post years-long hiatus
- Europe could learn from India in tackling migrant crisis: Australian official
- Take this quiz to find out how did you pass away in your last life!
- Indian Premier League: Vizag named as neutral venue for Mumbai Indians, Pune Supergiants
- Check out! Mark Zuckerberg shares adorable images of his dog Beast!