Goods train derails, Delhi-Howrah route affected
Kanpur: Two wagons of a goods train derailed and hit an overhead electricity pole in the Panki yard area here on Wednesday evening, disrupting rail traffic on the important Delhi-Howrah route for few hours, a railway official said.
The incident occurred when two wagons of a goods train coming out of Panki yard got derailed and one of them hit a high-voltage electricity pole and left it leaning, Chief PRO of NCR Sandip Mathur said.
No one was injured in the incident, he confirmed.
As the electricity pole was damaged the power supply to Delhi-Howrah track was disrupted, he said.
Some trains were running behind the scheduled time on the route.
Around 11pm, the rail traffic movement was restored on the Delhi-Howarh route, Mathur said.
A team of railway officials and engineers visited the site, he said adding, efforts were being made to remove the derailed wagons at the earliest.
A probe has been ordered into the incident, Mathur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley