Goods train derails, Delhi-Howrah route affected
Kanpur: Two wagons of a goods train derailed and hit an overhead electricity pole in the Panki yard area here on Wednesday evening, disrupting rail traffic on the important Delhi-Howrah route for few hours, a railway official said.
The incident occurred when two wagons of a goods train coming out of Panki yard got derailed and one of them hit a high-voltage electricity pole and left it leaning, Chief PRO of NCR Sandip Mathur said.
No one was injured in the incident, he confirmed.
As the electricity pole was damaged the power supply to Delhi-Howrah track was disrupted, he said.
Some trains were running behind the scheduled time on the route.
Around 11pm, the rail traffic movement was restored on the Delhi-Howarh route, Mathur said.
A team of railway officials and engineers visited the site, he said adding, efforts were being made to remove the derailed wagons at the earliest.
A probe has been ordered into the incident, Mathur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata