Goods train derails, Delhi-Howrah route affected
Kanpur: Two wagons of a goods train derailed and hit an overhead electricity pole in the Panki yard area here on Wednesday evening, disrupting rail traffic on the important Delhi-Howrah route for few hours, a railway official said.
The incident occurred when two wagons of a goods train coming out of Panki yard got derailed and one of them hit a high-voltage electricity pole and left it leaning, Chief PRO of NCR Sandip Mathur said.
No one was injured in the incident, he confirmed.
As the electricity pole was damaged the power supply to Delhi-Howrah track was disrupted, he said.
Some trains were running behind the scheduled time on the route.
Around 11pm, the rail traffic movement was restored on the Delhi-Howarh route, Mathur said.
A team of railway officials and engineers visited the site, he said adding, efforts were being made to remove the derailed wagons at the earliest.
A probe has been ordered into the incident, Mathur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Abnormal’ foetus abortion case: SC asks for medical exam of alleged rape survivor
- Know what causes balding in men!
- Exclusive: Osama Bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad is at centre of row — Know the controversy
- UK police say almost 6,200 hate crimes in month after Brexit vote
- Bodies of 14 executed in Libya's Benghazi found: Medical Centre