Goods train derails in Andhra Pradesh
Bhubaneswar: Train services were disrupted
on the busy Howrah-Chennai route on Saturday following derailment of
a goods train near Palasa in Andhra Pradesh, about 150 km from
here, railway sources said.
The engine and seven wagons of the goods train from
Khurda Road to Vishakhapatnam derailed at Pundi near Palasa
this morning but no one was injured in the mishap, a senior
official of East Coast Railway (ECoR) here said.
The Inter-city Express running between Bhubaneswar and
Vishakhapatnam and the Passenger train between Khurda Road and
Palasa were cancelled, he said.
Over a dozen long distance trains including
Bhubaneswar-Bangalore Prashanti Express, Howrah-Chennai Mail
Bhubaneswar-Secunderabad Vishakha Express, Secunderabad-Howrah
Faluknama Express, Tirupati-Puri Express, Patna-Ernakulum
Express and Secunderabad-Bhubaneswar Vishakha Express were
stranded for several hours at different stations.
Rescue trains and heavy cranes were sent to the site
from Khurda Road as well as Vishakhapatnam to clear the track
and ensure resumption of train traffic on the route at the
earliest, sources said adding the operation was supervised by
Efforts were also on to ascertain the cause of the
derailment, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa