Goods train derails in Bihar
Patna: Nineteen wagons of a goods train derailed in Bihar`s Kaimur district on Saturday morning, damaging tracks and disrupting train services, officials said. No casualties were reported.
The goods train derailed in Gaya-Mughalsarai section of the East Central Railway (ECR) in Bihar.
The derailment blocked tracks as a few wagons rolled down to the side track, resulting in suspension of train traffic for over four hours, a railway official said.
"The derailment badly damaged tracks and affected the movement of trains on the section," ECR spokesman Dilip Kumar said.
Some trains were cancelled and others diverted along different routes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends