Goods train derails in UP, rail traffic affected
Etawah (UP): Five bogies of a goods
train Tuesday derailed in Auraiya district affecting rail
traffic on Etawah-Kanpur section, a senior railway official
The incident occurred at Jhinjhak railway station this
morning when five boggies of the goods train derailed,
Assistant Station Manager RK Tripathi said.
Due to the incident, movement of trains was affected.
A few trains, including Shatabdi and Jodhpur Howarah Express
were diverted, while others like Agra-Lucknow Intercity and
Tundla-Kanpur passenger were cancelled, he said.
The incident comes a day after when a goods train hit
the stationary Indore-Gwalior Intercity Express head-on in
Madhya Pradesh after it overshot the signal amid heavy rains
and poor visibility killing 23 people and injuring
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'