Goods train derails in UP, rail traffic affected
Etawah (UP): Five bogies of a goods
train Tuesday derailed in Auraiya district affecting rail
traffic on Etawah-Kanpur section, a senior railway official
The incident occurred at Jhinjhak railway station this
morning when five boggies of the goods train derailed,
Assistant Station Manager RK Tripathi said.
Due to the incident, movement of trains was affected.
A few trains, including Shatabdi and Jodhpur Howarah Express
were diverted, while others like Agra-Lucknow Intercity and
Tundla-Kanpur passenger were cancelled, he said.
The incident comes a day after when a goods train hit
the stationary Indore-Gwalior Intercity Express head-on in
Madhya Pradesh after it overshot the signal amid heavy rains
and poor visibility killing 23 people and injuring
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding