Goods train derails in UP, rail traffic affected
Etawah (UP): Five bogies of a goods
train Tuesday derailed in Auraiya district affecting rail
traffic on Etawah-Kanpur section, a senior railway official
The incident occurred at Jhinjhak railway station this
morning when five boggies of the goods train derailed,
Assistant Station Manager RK Tripathi said.
Due to the incident, movement of trains was affected.
A few trains, including Shatabdi and Jodhpur Howarah Express
were diverted, while others like Agra-Lucknow Intercity and
Tundla-Kanpur passenger were cancelled, he said.
The incident comes a day after when a goods train hit
the stationary Indore-Gwalior Intercity Express head-on in
Madhya Pradesh after it overshot the signal amid heavy rains
and poor visibility killing 23 people and injuring
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees