Google Zeitgeist 2013: Narendra Modi most searched neta, who is No. 2?
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi: BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has emerged as the most searched Indian politician on Google, says the search giant in its Zeitgeist report 2013.
Also, Narendra Modi’s coronation as BJP’s prime ministerial candidate was the most searched news event in 2013. Zietgeist, which covers all search categories, answers the question of what the world searched for in a particular year.
Next on the Top 10 list in the ‘politicians’ category is Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, followed by his mother Sonia Gandhi. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Tamil Nahu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa complete the top 5.
At number 6 is the man behind the Aam Admi Party phenomenon, Arvind Kejriwal. Next on the list is Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, make up the bottom three, in that order.
In the ‘News Events’ category, PM candidature of Narendra Modi was the most searched term in 2013. Number two on the list was Blackberry sale, followed by Rahul Dravid retirement at number three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- December 16 gang-rape convict attempts suicide – Read Nirbhaya parents' response
- 1st ODI: Azhar Ali's 82 goes in vain as Jason Roy guides England to 44-run win over Pakistan
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule