Google Zeitgeist 2013: Narendra Modi most searched neta, who is No. 2?
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi: BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi has emerged as the most searched Indian politician on Google, says the search giant in its Zeitgeist report 2013.
Also, Narendra Modi’s coronation as BJP’s prime ministerial candidate was the most searched news event in 2013. Zietgeist, which covers all search categories, answers the question of what the world searched for in a particular year.
Next on the Top 10 list in the ‘politicians’ category is Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, followed by his mother Sonia Gandhi. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Tamil Nahu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa complete the top 5.
At number 6 is the man behind the Aam Admi Party phenomenon, Arvind Kejriwal. Next on the list is Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, make up the bottom three, in that order.
In the ‘News Events’ category, PM candidature of Narendra Modi was the most searched term in 2013. Number two on the list was Blackberry sale, followed by Rahul Dravid retirement at number three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you