Gopal Goyal Kanda denied bail by HC
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Monday dismissed bail plea of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, who is accused of abetting suicide of former air-hostess Geetika Sharma.
Agencies reported that Justice Pratibha Rani after hearing arguments from police and Kanda dismissed his bail plea and said that detailed order will be passed later.
Kanda was booked for abetment of Geetika`s suicide and criminal intimidation.
Geetika Sharma, 23, was found hanging from the ceiling of her house in north Delhi`s Ashok Vihar Aug 5.
Geetika had left behind two suicide notes blaming Kanda and his employee Aruna Chaddha. Both are now in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP