Gorkhaland has to be created too, says GJM
Darjeeling: The GJM on Friday renewed its demand for Gorkhaland saying it "has to be created" as the government has given its nod to Telangana and pinned its hopes on tripartite talks in Delhi.
"If Telangana is created then Gorkhaland has to be created," GJM chief Bimal Gurung said in a Facebook post.
Stating that he would want the Centre to take a positive step for the creation of Gorkhaland, he referred to the tripartite talks in Delhi.
"We are hopeful that a positive decision would be taken on the tripartite talks in Delhi," he said.
"We will wait for the outcome of the meeting and then decide our future program," he said.
The tripartite talks are scheduled on October 23, the GJM has claimed.
GJM General Secretary Roshan Giri had on September 30 said that the Morcha received a phone call from the Ministry of Home Affairs inviting it to participate in the tripartite talks to be held on October 23 in New Delhi.
Earlier, the Gorkhaland Joint Action Committee had suspended the indefinite agitation for Gorkhaland in the Darjeeling hills till October 20 in deference to the appeal by the Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde to call it off to facilitate tripartite talks.
But the party set a condition that the talks had to be convened by October 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM