Gorshkov deal to be signed soon: Official
New Delhi: India and Russia have arrived at a "satisfactory price" for the aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov and the revised deal on it will be signed soon, a top official said on Sunday.
The official`s comments come even as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived in Moscow on a three-day official visit during which the two sides are expected to sign a framework civil nuclear cooperation agreement and three defence deals.
He did not disclose what that "satisfactory price" was.
Indian and Russian defence officials have been negotiating the price for the purchase of the refurbished USD 2.2-billion aircraft carrier for over a decade.
Moscow is now asking on USD 2.9 billion for the aircraft carrier, nearly thrice the price that was originally agreed between the two sides in 2004. But New Delhi wanted the price to be scaled back to USD 2.1 billion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog