Gorshkov deal to be signed soon: Official
New Delhi: India and Russia have arrived at a "satisfactory price" for the aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov and the revised deal on it will be signed soon, a top official said on Sunday.
The official`s comments come even as Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived in Moscow on a three-day official visit during which the two sides are expected to sign a framework civil nuclear cooperation agreement and three defence deals.
He did not disclose what that "satisfactory price" was.
Indian and Russian defence officials have been negotiating the price for the purchase of the refurbished USD 2.2-billion aircraft carrier for over a decade.
Moscow is now asking on USD 2.9 billion for the aircraft carrier, nearly thrice the price that was originally agreed between the two sides in 2004. But New Delhi wanted the price to be scaled back to USD 2.1 billion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly