Gorshkov delay: Russian President intervenes
Moscow: With India and Russia at loggerheads
over the price of aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov, President
Dmitry Medvedev has asked the staff at Sevmash shipyard to
complete the warship at the earliest as it was "causing
problems between the two friendly countries."
"It should be completed and commissioned at the
earliest... it (delay in delivery) is causing problems between
the two friendly countries ," the Russian President told the
workers during a recent visit.
Going around the shipyard, Medvedev got to know from the
management about the status of the projects.
But despite an upbraiding by the President, the
Director-General of the shipyard Nikolai Kalistratov today
said that though India has agreed to the changes to the
Gorshkov contract, Moscow was yet to receive any fresh price
"Sevmash has also not received any offers to continue to
talk on the revision of the contract," he told Itar-Tass.
Russia is asking India for an additional payment of a
whopping USD 2.2 billion over and above the contracted price
of USD 1.5 billion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof