Gorshkov delay: Russian President intervenes
Moscow: With India and Russia at loggerheads
over the price of aircraft carrier Admiral Gorshkov, President
Dmitry Medvedev has asked the staff at Sevmash shipyard to
complete the warship at the earliest as it was "causing
problems between the two friendly countries."
"It should be completed and commissioned at the
earliest... it (delay in delivery) is causing problems between
the two friendly countries ," the Russian President told the
workers during a recent visit.
Going around the shipyard, Medvedev got to know from the
management about the status of the projects.
But despite an upbraiding by the President, the
Director-General of the shipyard Nikolai Kalistratov today
said that though India has agreed to the changes to the
Gorshkov contract, Moscow was yet to receive any fresh price
"Sevmash has also not received any offers to continue to
talk on the revision of the contract," he told Itar-Tass.
Russia is asking India for an additional payment of a
whopping USD 2.2 billion over and above the contracted price
of USD 1.5 billion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!