Got PM`s call for induction in ministry: Deepa Dasmunshi
Kolkata: Ahead of tomorrow`s reshuffle of the Union Council of Ministers, Congress MP and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee`s bete noire Deepa Dasmunshi tonight said that she received a phone call from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh informing her that she would be inducted in the ministry.
"I received a call during the day from the Prime Minister informing me that I would be inducted in the Union Council of Ministers and the swearing-in of new ministers is scheduled at 11:30 am tomorrow. I am happy and I would try to fulfil my responsibilities as a minister", Deepa, wife of the ailing former union minister Priya Ranjan Dasmunshi told a Bengali TV channel here.
"No I have not been indicated about the portfolio that I would be holding", Deepa, the party MP from Raiganj in North Bengal said.
She said that she received the call from Prime Minister when she was going to see his ailing husband at a private hospital in the capital.
Deepa who has been locked in a tussle with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee over the location of the super-speciality project said that her becoming a central minister would help in her fight to set up an AIIMS hospital at Raiganj.
The late Congress leader ABA Ghani Khan Chowdhury`s brother and the party MP from Malda South Abu Hasem Khan Chowdhury who had indicated on Friday that he had also received the PM`s call asking him to be present at Rashtrapati Bhavan, today said "I am likely to be taken in the ministry".
"I would invite Ratan Tata to set up industry in Malda. I would also request the West Bengal Chief Minister to change her land policy", he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?