Got PM`s call for induction in ministry: Deepa Dasmunshi
Kolkata: Ahead of tomorrow`s reshuffle of the Union Council of Ministers, Congress MP and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee`s bete noire Deepa Dasmunshi tonight said that she received a phone call from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh informing her that she would be inducted in the ministry.
"I received a call during the day from the Prime Minister informing me that I would be inducted in the Union Council of Ministers and the swearing-in of new ministers is scheduled at 11:30 am tomorrow. I am happy and I would try to fulfil my responsibilities as a minister", Deepa, wife of the ailing former union minister Priya Ranjan Dasmunshi told a Bengali TV channel here.
"No I have not been indicated about the portfolio that I would be holding", Deepa, the party MP from Raiganj in North Bengal said.
She said that she received the call from Prime Minister when she was going to see his ailing husband at a private hospital in the capital.
Deepa who has been locked in a tussle with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee over the location of the super-speciality project said that her becoming a central minister would help in her fight to set up an AIIMS hospital at Raiganj.
The late Congress leader ABA Ghani Khan Chowdhury`s brother and the party MP from Malda South Abu Hasem Khan Chowdhury who had indicated on Friday that he had also received the PM`s call asking him to be present at Rashtrapati Bhavan, today said "I am likely to be taken in the ministry".
"I would invite Ratan Tata to set up industry in Malda. I would also request the West Bengal Chief Minister to change her land policy", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?