‘Governance BJP`s poll plank in Gujarat and Himachal’
New Delhi: BJP on friday said it will contest the assembly elections in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh on the plank of good governance and development despite the "step-brotherly" attitude of the UPA government at the Centre.
"Good governance and development will be the twin issues on which BJP will contest these elections.
Gujarat has developed despite adverse conditions created by the step-brotherly treatment of the Centre which has created roadblocks and played negative politics," BJP Vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
BJP`s central election management and coordination committee held a meeting here today to discuss the party`s strategy and chalk out the poll campaign.
Naqvi claimed that despite several "hurdles" from the Centre Gujarat has establised a "new high" in development and "good governance" by providing a sensitive and honest administration.
BJP plans to attack Congress, which is its main opponent in both Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh, on the issues of alleged corruption in UPA government and its "failure" to control price rise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!