‘Governance BJP`s poll plank in Gujarat and Himachal’
New Delhi: BJP on friday said it will contest the assembly elections in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh on the plank of good governance and development despite the "step-brotherly" attitude of the UPA government at the Centre.
"Good governance and development will be the twin issues on which BJP will contest these elections.
Gujarat has developed despite adverse conditions created by the step-brotherly treatment of the Centre which has created roadblocks and played negative politics," BJP Vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
BJP`s central election management and coordination committee held a meeting here today to discuss the party`s strategy and chalk out the poll campaign.
Naqvi claimed that despite several "hurdles" from the Centre Gujarat has establised a "new high" in development and "good governance" by providing a sensitive and honest administration.
BJP plans to attack Congress, which is its main opponent in both Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh, on the issues of alleged corruption in UPA government and its "failure" to control price rise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi