‘Governance BJP`s poll plank in Gujarat and Himachal’
New Delhi: BJP on friday said it will contest the assembly elections in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh on the plank of good governance and development despite the "step-brotherly" attitude of the UPA government at the Centre.
"Good governance and development will be the twin issues on which BJP will contest these elections.
Gujarat has developed despite adverse conditions created by the step-brotherly treatment of the Centre which has created roadblocks and played negative politics," BJP Vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
BJP`s central election management and coordination committee held a meeting here today to discuss the party`s strategy and chalk out the poll campaign.
Naqvi claimed that despite several "hurdles" from the Centre Gujarat has establised a "new high" in development and "good governance" by providing a sensitive and honest administration.
BJP plans to attack Congress, which is its main opponent in both Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh, on the issues of alleged corruption in UPA government and its "failure" to control price rise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming