Government firm no to Anna’s demands: Sources
New Delhi: Even as Anna Hazare appears resolute over his vision about the Lokpal Bill, the government is firm on its stand on the issue and will not agree to Anna’s demands.
Sources told Zee News on Wednesday that the government will not budge from its stand on key points of conflict with the anti-corruption crusader and his team.
1. While Team Anna wants full investigative powers for Lokpal, the government’s view is that Lokpal should only have powers to conduct preliminary enquiry.
2. The government wants the Lokpal to only refer cases to the CBI as against Anna’s demand that the investigative agency should come completely under the Lokpal.
3. Both sides also differ on the issue of action against MPs. Anna wants more power for Lokpal while the government and other parties disagree on the issue.
4. The selection panel of Lokpal is also a major point of confrontation. Government’s proposal mandates that majority on the panel would be government nominees as against the other view which wants fewer government nominees.
Senior minister V Narayanswamy told a news channel today morning, “The government has fulfilled the commitment that it will be brought in the Winter Session of Parliament. Now the Parliament will debate. I request Anna Hazare not to take any hasty decision. It is very very unfortunate, I appeal to him to withdraw his agitation.”
An intense debate is expected in Parliament over the issue. But the big question is whether the Parliamentarians, especially the government, will go any extra mile to appease Anna Hazare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- US forces on ground in Syria aiding key anti-IS fight
- See pics: Tim Kopra shares exquisite scenic views of two places in Africa!
- Labour reforms not essential for industrial growth: FM Jaitley
- PM Narendra Modi's Pakistan policy is courageous and realistic, believe 79% Indians: Survey on 2 years of NDA
- Investor wealth surges by over Rs 2.69 lakh crore in three days