Government offers to bring Husain`s body to India
London: The funeral of Indian painter MF Husain will be held in London on Friday. Husain died from complications caused by lung congestion yesterday. He was 95.
The legendary artist, who started his career by painting cinema billboards, was on a self imposed exile since 2006. The artist used to live in Dubai and London. In January 2010, he was been offered the citizenship of Qatar which he had accepted.
Fondly known as India’s ‘Picasso’, Hussain breathed his last in London`s Royal Brompton Hospital where he was admitted after being in "indifferent health" for the last one-and-a-half month.
To Read Complete Story on Spicezee – CLICK HERE»
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi