Government offers to bring Husain`s body to India
London: The funeral of Indian painter MF Husain will be held in London on Friday. Husain died from complications caused by lung congestion yesterday. He was 95.
The legendary artist, who started his career by painting cinema billboards, was on a self imposed exile since 2006. The artist used to live in Dubai and London. In January 2010, he was been offered the citizenship of Qatar which he had accepted.
Fondly known as India’s ‘Picasso’, Hussain breathed his last in London`s Royal Brompton Hospital where he was admitted after being in "indifferent health" for the last one-and-a-half month.
To Read Complete Story on Spicezee – CLICK HERE»
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living