Government proposes amendments in RTI Act
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday said it is
mulling over amendments in the Right to Information Act to
safeguard the sensitivity of the Chief Justice of India`s
"The Government proposes to strengthen the RTI regime by
suitably amending the law...the proposal includes safeguarding
the sensitivity of the office of the Chief Justice of India,"
Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and
Pensions Prithviraj Chavan told Lok Sabha in a written reply.
The other changes proposed include provision for
constitution of benches in the Information Commissions,
enlarging the scope of suo-moto disclosures, empowering
Information Commissions to make regulations and discouraging
vexatious and frivolous applications, he said.
Chavan, however, did not give any time frame for the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III