Government proposes amendments in RTI Act
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday said it is
mulling over amendments in the Right to Information Act to
safeguard the sensitivity of the Chief Justice of India`s
"The Government proposes to strengthen the RTI regime by
suitably amending the law...the proposal includes safeguarding
the sensitivity of the office of the Chief Justice of India,"
Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and
Pensions Prithviraj Chavan told Lok Sabha in a written reply.
The other changes proposed include provision for
constitution of benches in the Information Commissions,
enlarging the scope of suo-moto disclosures, empowering
Information Commissions to make regulations and discouraging
vexatious and frivolous applications, he said.
Chavan, however, did not give any time frame for the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket