Government rejects Ramdev`s allegations on detention at UK airport
New Delhi: Government on Monday rejected yoga guru Ramdev`s allegation that it had a role in his detention at UK airport saying "there was no truth whatsoever".
Commenting on Ramdev`s detention at the Heathrow airport, the spokesperson in the Ministry of External Affairs said India`s Mission in London acted upon request by Indian community leaders for assistance and took up the matter with UK border agency following which it was resolved.
It was for the UK border agency to respond to the reason behind Ramdev`s detention, the spokesperson added.
Ramdev, who was yesterday cleared by UK authorities following a second round of questioning at the airport after his detention on Friday, had alleged that he did not get support from the Indian government and suspected that the British officials were misguided.
"I am sad to state that my government did not support me. I was told there was a red alert attached to my name, which is only linked with terrorists and criminals. I will wait for full details but I have a doubt that my eight-hour detention yesterday was a result of the Indian government`s attempt to misguide the UK immigration department," Ramdev had told reporters outside the airport after being cleared.
According to sources, his questioning by airport officials was related to him travelling on a visitor`s visa instead of a business one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog