Government releases National Cyber Security Policy
New Delhi: Amidst increasing number of cyber attacks and snooping, the government on Tuesday announced the National Cyber Security Policy that aims to protect information and build capabilities to prevent such attacks.
The policy envisages periodic review of legislations to meet challenges from technology upgradation, a think-tank for cyber security policy inputs and international cooperation in area of cyber security.
Releasing the policy, Telecom & IT Minister Kapil Sibal said critical infrastructure such as air defence system, power infrastructure, nuclear plants, telecommunications system have to be protected otherwise it may create economic instability.
The policy was unveiled amid recent reports of alleged snooping by the US globally.
Sibal said the policy plans to operate a 24X7 national level computer emergency response team (CERT-In) to function as a nodal agency for coordination of all efforts for cyber security emergency response and crisis management.
It aims at creating a work force of five lakh professionals and build cyber security training infrastructure across the country through public-private participation.
"...Policy is a framework document and it gives you a broad outline of what our vision is...The real task or the challenge is the operationalisation of this policy," he said.
"...Air defence system, power infrastructure, nuclear plants, telecommunications system will all have to be protected to ensure there is no disruption of the kind that will destabilise the economy...Instability in cyber space means economic instability no nation can afford economic instability, therefore it is essential not just to have a policy but to operationalise it," Sibal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3