Government releases National Cyber Security Policy
New Delhi: Amidst increasing number of cyber attacks and snooping, the government on Tuesday announced the National Cyber Security Policy that aims to protect information and build capabilities to prevent such attacks.
The policy envisages periodic review of legislations to meet challenges from technology upgradation, a think-tank for cyber security policy inputs and international cooperation in area of cyber security.
Releasing the policy, Telecom & IT Minister Kapil Sibal said critical infrastructure such as air defence system, power infrastructure, nuclear plants, telecommunications system have to be protected otherwise it may create economic instability.
The policy was unveiled amid recent reports of alleged snooping by the US globally.
Sibal said the policy plans to operate a 24X7 national level computer emergency response team (CERT-In) to function as a nodal agency for coordination of all efforts for cyber security emergency response and crisis management.
It aims at creating a work force of five lakh professionals and build cyber security training infrastructure across the country through public-private participation.
"...Policy is a framework document and it gives you a broad outline of what our vision is...The real task or the challenge is the operationalisation of this policy," he said.
"...Air defence system, power infrastructure, nuclear plants, telecommunications system will all have to be protected to ensure there is no disruption of the kind that will destabilise the economy...Instability in cyber space means economic instability no nation can afford economic instability, therefore it is essential not just to have a policy but to operationalise it," Sibal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves