Government selling country to foreigners: Shiv Sena
New Delhi: Emphasising that foreign investment in retail will prove the death knell for small traders, the Shiv Sena on Thursday accused the government of selling the country to foreigners.
"The government is selling the country to foreigners like Wal-Mart. If Sukhdev and Bhagat Singh were alive, they would have bombed the people who are sitting here and selling our country," said party`s Sanjay Raut, while speaking in the debate in the Rajya Sabha on the decision allowing foreign equity in retail trade.
He said FDI in retail will force small traders to shut their shops and commit suicide.
Targeting Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati for supporting the government, Raut said: "Mayawati in the past stated that FDI in retail was only to benefit Rahul Gandhi`s friends; today she has started to support them?"
"I want to know how many Italian traders will be allowed to come and set up their stores in India," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview