Government sets up high-level group on security
New Delhi: With the country`s security environment facing constant challenges, a high-level 10-member group has been constituted by the Government for effective coordination among the agencies concerned and also identifying strategic technologies required in security-related areas.
The Committee named as Strategic Security Technology Coordination Group (SSTCG) will deal with counter-terrorism, border security, ports and aviation security among other sectors, an official order said today.
It has been set up with an aim to increase efficiency and effectiveness of countries various law enforcement agencies.
The group will also study and suggest newer technologies for emergency preparedness and response, biological, radiological and chemical agent prevention and for gathering domestic and foreign intelligence.
The Committee headed by a senior Joint Secretary of Ministry of Home Affairs Nirmaljeet Singh Kalsi will have members from Intelligence Bureau, NTRO, Department of Telecom, Ministry of External Affairs, Communication and Information and Technology Ministry and National Information Centre, the order said.
The Committee will identify existing and adequately tested technologies in India and abroad to support the operational needs of security agencies and Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) and for fulfilling the special technology needs of the state police and para-military forces.
Besides identifying the technologies, the committee will also assist the security agencies and LEA in selection and adoption of such technologies, the order said, adding the SSTCG would foster technology research and development in the government and private sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi