Government sets up high-level group on security
New Delhi: With the country`s security environment facing constant challenges, a high-level 10-member group has been constituted by the Government for effective coordination among the agencies concerned and also identifying strategic technologies required in security-related areas.
The Committee named as Strategic Security Technology Coordination Group (SSTCG) will deal with counter-terrorism, border security, ports and aviation security among other sectors, an official order said today.
It has been set up with an aim to increase efficiency and effectiveness of countries various law enforcement agencies.
The group will also study and suggest newer technologies for emergency preparedness and response, biological, radiological and chemical agent prevention and for gathering domestic and foreign intelligence.
The Committee headed by a senior Joint Secretary of Ministry of Home Affairs Nirmaljeet Singh Kalsi will have members from Intelligence Bureau, NTRO, Department of Telecom, Ministry of External Affairs, Communication and Information and Technology Ministry and National Information Centre, the order said.
The Committee will identify existing and adequately tested technologies in India and abroad to support the operational needs of security agencies and Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) and for fulfilling the special technology needs of the state police and para-military forces.
Besides identifying the technologies, the committee will also assist the security agencies and LEA in selection and adoption of such technologies, the order said, adding the SSTCG would foster technology research and development in the government and private sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery