Government to table Telangana bill soon: Kamal Nath
New Delhi: There was a consensus among various political parties on tabling a bill for the creation of Telangana state in the Winter Session and it will be the government`s endeavour to bring it "as soon as possible", Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath said on Tuesday.
Talking to reporters after an all-party meeting ahead of the Winter Session commencing on December 5, Kamal Nath said all political parties had agreed upon bringing the Telangana bill in the Winter Session.
"It will be the government`s endeavour to bring the bill as soon as possible," he said.
The Bharatiya Janata Party has also demanded introduction and passing of the bill in the Winter Session.
"Telangana bill must come in this session and be passed," Sushma Swaraj, leader of opposition in Lok Sabha, told reporters after the meeting.
The government plans to introduce a bill for the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and creation of a separate state of Telangana.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents