Government to table Telangana bill soon: Kamal Nath
New Delhi: There was a consensus among various political parties on tabling a bill for the creation of Telangana state in the Winter Session and it will be the government`s endeavour to bring it "as soon as possible", Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath said on Tuesday.
Talking to reporters after an all-party meeting ahead of the Winter Session commencing on December 5, Kamal Nath said all political parties had agreed upon bringing the Telangana bill in the Winter Session.
"It will be the government`s endeavour to bring the bill as soon as possible," he said.
The Bharatiya Janata Party has also demanded introduction and passing of the bill in the Winter Session.
"Telangana bill must come in this session and be passed," Sushma Swaraj, leader of opposition in Lok Sabha, told reporters after the meeting.
The government plans to introduce a bill for the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and creation of a separate state of Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter