Government to table Telangana bill soon: Kamal Nath
New Delhi: There was a consensus among various political parties on tabling a bill for the creation of Telangana state in the Winter Session and it will be the government`s endeavour to bring it "as soon as possible", Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath said on Tuesday.
Talking to reporters after an all-party meeting ahead of the Winter Session commencing on December 5, Kamal Nath said all political parties had agreed upon bringing the Telangana bill in the Winter Session.
"It will be the government`s endeavour to bring the bill as soon as possible," he said.
The Bharatiya Janata Party has also demanded introduction and passing of the bill in the Winter Session.
"Telangana bill must come in this session and be passed," Sushma Swaraj, leader of opposition in Lok Sabha, told reporters after the meeting.
The government plans to introduce a bill for the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and creation of a separate state of Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video