Government trying to break Team Anna, says Hazare
New Delhi: Activist Anna Hazare Friday again accused the government of trying to break the unity of Team Anna by holding secret talks with him.
Talking to reporters here, Anna Hazare said: "V. Narayanasamy wrote a letter to me and gave it to my team so that they feel Anna is talking with government. They are trying to break our team."
"It was their conspiracy to stop me from attending this agitation," he said.
V. Narayanasamy, who is Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office, however, hit back saying he wrote only in response to Anna Hazare`s letter.
Narayanasamy Friday termed the indefinite fast by Team Anna at Jantar Mantar here as an attempt to "fool the people".
He said their intentions have been exposed after they "announced launching a political party".
"It is good they told very openly today (Friday) that they are forming a political party. Their intentions are exposed," Narayanasamy said.
"We brought the Lokpal bill according to our commitment, it is now with the standing committee (of parliament). We have taken lot of steps. In spite of that, they are agitating because they have an agenda," he said.
"The people who are sitting at hunger strike, they go and take rest in Maharashtra Sadan. They are fooling the people of this country," the minister added.
Narayanasamy`s comments came after Anna Hazare, in an interview to a news channel Friday, said: "If people say that Anna should enter politics, then I could think about it."
He, however, added a quick disclaimer: "I will not go into politics but I will give a political alternative to the people. I will not fight in elections. But if anyone fighting against corruption launches a political party, I will support it. I think the people are ready for an honest candidate."
Friday is the third day of Team Anna`s indefinite fast at Jantar Mantar. Team members Arvind Kejriwal, Gopal Rai and Manish Sisodia are sitting on an indefinite fast against corruption and in support of a stringent Jan Lokpal bill.
Anna Hazare is likely to join the fast Sunday after his four-day ultimatum to the government ends.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video