Government trying to break Team Anna, says Hazare
New Delhi: Activist Anna Hazare Friday again accused the government of trying to break the unity of Team Anna by holding secret talks with him.
Talking to reporters here, Anna Hazare said: "V. Narayanasamy wrote a letter to me and gave it to my team so that they feel Anna is talking with government. They are trying to break our team."
"It was their conspiracy to stop me from attending this agitation," he said.
V. Narayanasamy, who is Minister of State in the Prime Minister`s Office, however, hit back saying he wrote only in response to Anna Hazare`s letter.
Narayanasamy Friday termed the indefinite fast by Team Anna at Jantar Mantar here as an attempt to "fool the people".
He said their intentions have been exposed after they "announced launching a political party".
"It is good they told very openly today (Friday) that they are forming a political party. Their intentions are exposed," Narayanasamy said.
"We brought the Lokpal bill according to our commitment, it is now with the standing committee (of parliament). We have taken lot of steps. In spite of that, they are agitating because they have an agenda," he said.
"The people who are sitting at hunger strike, they go and take rest in Maharashtra Sadan. They are fooling the people of this country," the minister added.
Narayanasamy`s comments came after Anna Hazare, in an interview to a news channel Friday, said: "If people say that Anna should enter politics, then I could think about it."
He, however, added a quick disclaimer: "I will not go into politics but I will give a political alternative to the people. I will not fight in elections. But if anyone fighting against corruption launches a political party, I will support it. I think the people are ready for an honest candidate."
Friday is the third day of Team Anna`s indefinite fast at Jantar Mantar. Team members Arvind Kejriwal, Gopal Rai and Manish Sisodia are sitting on an indefinite fast against corruption and in support of a stringent Jan Lokpal bill.
Anna Hazare is likely to join the fast Sunday after his four-day ultimatum to the government ends.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!